Chorn Sokun's Weblog

Conquer inner fear, push it to the limit!

Khmer Localization with .NET

leave a comment »

Localization in .NET doesn’t seem to solve a lot of problem in theory but I get no luck to get it work, although I built a custom Culture and having the resource file embedded in the assembly it just WON’T WORK !

After look around for solution I decided to give up and cheat a bit building localization engine from scratch is not too difficult but I tend not to spend my time on this yet.

So here is my way to have bilingual UI (Khmer & English)
resource

by faking treat fr-FR == km-KH and that work !

Never die with your tool, exercise your brain ;)

Advertisements

Written by Chorn Sokun

October 1, 2009 at 9:10 am

Posted in Programming, Tips & Tricks

Tagged with ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: