Archive for July 2007
I had spend the rest of my weekend playing around with DokuWiki by coding a tiny discussion feature. The purpose if to discover and use as much as utility functions that DokuWiki had, very interesting indeed.
- It allow wiki owner (the one who create content) to click on an action button in order to enable/disable comment on his/her page.
- It come with tiny security feature captcha prevent from post back attack.
- It had client side validation using jquery
- Remember name, e-mail, url of the user posting comment by storing their info in a protected cookie – sharing dokuwiki blowfish salt key.
- Send notify mail to content author when visitor post comments.
TODO: This will be this weekend assignment …
- Take advantage of existing caching function to cache comments reducing time to load comment from the database.
- Apply more security – random key protecting captcha field.
- Enable geshi coding in comments – this allow visitor to make comment with code snippet.
- Comment & Voting – may be that a great idea ;)
In software development you should release it when it is good enough, this give a chance to get feedback from the users. Alrite, I just upload the modification code to run live in http://www.a-kdam.com go and make some comments.
Until next monday I will tell you where my head …
If you like me a guy who try hard to put his head above the water. You will feel like all the energy suck out during the working days. How many hours left for personal entertainment?
However I usually try to get some fun back as it goes.
I say : let hack it.
You know we also have m$build say ‘Yes’ to switch command to C:\svn\multi-billion-project\m$build ok? … h^ll yeah but why don’t you give the $ and do
XML vs JSON
SOAP vs REST
AJAX vs POST BACK
MVC vs Code Behind
BLOG vs WIKI
Flash vs Silverlight/Moonlight
In a fight whatever could help you breaking your opponents head just use it.
I say : let draw first blood.
The open source project :) it so sweet take as much as you want (oh! and your kin as well).
- Eclipse 3.2.x
- NSiS 2.29
- EclipseNSIS – Eclipse plugin to create NSIS script as well as visual NSIS InstallOptions.
What I got from the combination?
- Easy to use – code NSIS script within eclipse IDE rich commands
- Small setup file
- You decide which file to deploy which I like the most.
- it FREE
- These tools are not bundle
- I had trouble write a proper script for the first time
Alright, it 4:27 PM let do some blog post. Actually this post suppose to go live since Sunday however the Internet went down so I save it for today.
What is it am going to complain about? Well on Saturday I went a litle shopping. I bought a 100 GB 2.5′ SATA disk plug it into my Toshiba M100 and get ready to take on Unbuntu Round #3.
Here what I did:
- Replace my internal SATA HD with the new purchased one
- Boot up my computer with Ubuntu 7.04 Alternative Disk
- Install Ubuntu in text mode
- Well as always when I get to 85% – ubuntu will try to connect to the Internet for update package sources.list “I guess” and because I got no internet connection I just have to wait until all the fail try completed.
- Reboot computer
As always Ubuntu will not recognize my ATI X1400 so I just need to build the driver myself follow the instruction here.
Voilá! I got Ubuntu login screen :) I am happy now see my face there?
Alright that is enough for my personal weekend assignment. I did repeat myself twice to make sure that I can do it again.
At the end of the assignment I discovered that Ubuntu 7.04 sound problem was not yet solved by the developer. I can hear the sound if I plug the ear phone strange ?! it should be able to play sound using my laptop internal speaker right? but anyway I just have to be patient. I don’t care much about sound yet since I want to explore the environment and see how I can do programming within the OS that all for now ;)
TIP: There is a command call dpkg which used to install .deb package
>sudo dpkg -i .deb